Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ants

Yes, it has been a very long time since I posted on this crazy blog.
We are settling into our lives here in Costa Rica. The girls started school just a few days after we arrived, and have been very busy ever since.
This post is just to let you know we're still alive! Our biggest welcome was given by the ants that inhabit Costa Rica. They are everywhere, and we are learning to be good neighbors. Ants own Costa Rica! I have counted at least 11 different species in our yard and house.
Where you find them... in the beds between the sheets, in our computer keyboard, of course in the kitchen! In the yard, around the pool, in the trees, in our piano keyboard which had been here only a day when I sat down to play it and was welcomed by ants climbing up and onto my hands while I played. At least they didn't bite.
There are red, black, brown, large, medium, small and nearly invisible ants. Love em, or leave Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment